Evangelism and Spirituality Group
Jacob has organised a circuit wide Bible study looking at the gospel of Luke.
He encourages to:
Let us read this Gospel together as we think about Christ’s saving grace. This brings to mind the words of the hymn 440 (STF), Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I suggest we start our study on October 5th and finish on 28th reading one chapter a day if possible. As we did in the other Bibles studies, the following questions can help as guidelines;
- Are there particular verses or verse that spoke to you?
- Which chapter spoke to you most?
- What have you generally learnt from your study?
- What have you learnt that can enhance your spiritual growth? To help you in your study and in our sharing during feedback, you may take a note book and write some relevant things that you have learnt.
The following are the days for us to meet for feedback and share what we have learnt hence helping each other as we endeavour to continue growing Spiritually in our circuit:
- Tuesday November 3rd at 7pm on ZOOM. Please contact Heather and ask for code
- Thursday November 5th at Parkside at 7pm
- Friday November 6th at Walton at 7pm
- Tuesday November 10th at Central at 7pm
As I said in the Circuit Assembly, I suggest that we pray for 12 minutes at 8pm on the first Tuesday of the month starting next month for the next 5 months. The Bible tell me that prayer changes things and I have experienced it in my life. We can use these 6 areas as guidelines.
- Be quite and listen to God (1Samuel 3:10)
- Give thanks to God (Psalm 136:1)
- Pray for family, friends and neighbours (1Kings 8:57)
- Pray for your Church, Circuit and world Church (1Peter 2:4-5)
- Pray for the community and the world (Psalm 133:1-3)
- Pray for yourself (Psalm 139:14)
God bless you as we read His word and pray together.
If you have any queries please ring Jacob Kaiga on 01977 702673 or your minister.
last update NAS 23/9/20